We also provide registration services for your selected property.
Maharashtra Property Registration
Benefits of Property Registration
The following advantages can be performed by registering the property deed.
- To provide a guarantee of the genuineness of the deed.
- To ensure avoidance of frauds, conservation of evidence, the transfer of title to the owner.
- To afford publicity for transactions.
- To manage an up to day public record by registering a property.
- To afford the ability to determine whether the property has already been sold.
- To produce security of title deeds and to prove titles in case the original deeds are lost or destroyed.
As per the provisions under Section 32 of the Registration Act, 1908 deals with the terms representing the presenting of documents for registration by a person. The document which is to be registered under the prerequisites of the Act has to be presented at the respective registration office by the concerned person or the representative or by the authorised agent as stated in Section 33 of the Registration Act, 1908.
To register a property in the state of Maharashtra, the documents are to be furnished along with the application are as follows:
- Aadhar card.
- Passport-size of both seller and buyer.
- Verified copy of the original old sale deed.
- Copy of No objection certificate under the land ceiling Act.
- Copy of the latest property register card
- Copy of Municipal tax bill.
- Construction completion certificate
- Recorded agreement between the builder and original purchaser of the building initially.
The stamp duty is the rate of the transaction amount imposed by the state government, on every registered sale. Stamp duty rates for various transactions in Maharashtra are given below.
|Sales Agreement||Stamp Duty|
|Sale Deed / Agreement for Sale||6%|
|Power of Attorney||6% for property within the municipal limits. 3% for areas within the gram panchayat.|
|Gift sales agreement||3%|
|Gift sales agreement for residential/agricultural property transferred to family members||₹200|
|Attorney (attestation, etc., by Notary Public)||Rs.25|